The absolute unthinkable happened at a Connecticut elementary school. When I found out about what happened yesterday at school, I was devastated and bawled like it personally happened to me. Now, I don't have children of my own, but I do have 19 precious 5 year olds. I am with those babies every day and for most of them I spend more time with than their own parents do. I feel as if I am their mother. I can't imagine being in those teachers' shoes yesterday. Those teachers made the ultimate sacrifices putting their lives in jeopardy to keep their babies safe. I have heard people say that teachers have an innate trait to protect their students and I firmly believe that. When I feel like my babies are in danger, I act just like their mother and I try to shield them from anything that can change their childhood. They are my whole world. I still can't wrap my brain around the whole thing. I mean HOW could someone harm them.... they are God's precious babies.
I feel as if this event was a wake up call to us. We need to realize that gun control laws do NOT have anything to do with this, but that we need God's help in our world and in our schools.
No comments:
Post a Comment