On Saturday, my friends and I were able to do the Cure Search Walk for kids. The walk was a charitable event in order to raise money for cancer patients. This walk was very special to our hearts though. One of our 1st grade students is actually the reason why we did the walk in the first place. Back in December, he was diagnosed with a large, rapid growing brain tumor. They were able to operate and remove a majority of the tumor, however they couldn't get it all. He is currently undergoing chemo and radiation. This sweet boy has been basically living in the hospital since he was diagnosed. He is slowly, but surely getting better.
At the walk, I was hit by a reality check. Here I am surrounded not by one kid with cancer, but dozens some being one years old to the oldest kid being 9. I felt so foolish....here I am worried about my day to day activities and how I have so much to do...when there are children out there who might not even be able to experience driving a car or their first kiss. How dare I worry about such little events in my life! I need to be grateful for what I have been given. I am a firm believer in that God has plan and that HE is in control, but it is so hard for me to see the plan when I am sitting across from a little 8 year boy who has undergone more surgeries than I have ever experienced in my 25 years of life.
At the end of the walk, we sat and watched our little friend play at the playground. Even though his little body was struggling, he still managed to laugh, have fun, and make everyone around him laugh. I saw God in him and I knew at that moment HE did have a plan. I pray for our little friend all the time.
"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, they are plans for good, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:
Post a Comment