Monday, June 4, 2012

End of School..Thankfully!

So I need to back up a little, I have been bad at blogging!! :(

SCHOOL IS OUT FOR SUMMER!! This school year has been the hardest school years that I have ever taught. I know that I have only been teaching for 3 years, but seriously this year was mentally draining and straining.

To start, I got hired in October for a kindergarten position. Prior to starting the job, I met with the Principal who informed me that this class had 3 previous teachers and that I would be the 4th teacher. At this point, I knew that I had it in for me, but little did I know.......

Long story short...for the first two months of working I came home every night crying my eyes out to Jordan about how horrible it was for me. There were many many MANY days that I just wanted to resign and not look back. However, I stuck it out and made it through! Thankfully I had some WONDERFUL teacher friends and an AMAZING husband (and family) to support me through this year.

HONESTLY...although this year was hard, I learned SOO much about being a teacher. Every single one of my students had/has some sort of baggage. Most of them have had a rough life so far and they are only FIVE years old. I cringe when I think about some of the experiences that my babies have undergone. This year, I learned that God created me for some a special reason..to be a TEACHER and to make a difference in some one's life. God placed me in that classroom for a reason!! For most of my kids, I was the ONLY stable person in their life.

"Compassionate teachers fill a void left by working parents who aren't able to devote enough attention to their children. Teachers don't just teach; they can be vital personalities who help young people to mature, to understand the world and to understand themselves. A good education consists of much more than useful facts and marketable skills."


View IMG_4099.jpg in slide show
Last day of school..watching a little movie :)


View IMG_8104.jpg in slide show
My last year as Miss Cason!! Bittersweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment